Saturday, February 14, 2009

Welcome to my world!

Well, I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so I'm not really sure where to start. I guess I'll start by telling you all about my day today.

Since I am a troop leader for my daughter's 2nd grade brownie troop, I had the privilege of picking up the 2003 boxes of cookies that my girls sold this year. I had to be there at 9:24 am. A weird time, I know, but it is really structured out into 7 minute time slots. So Dan and I went, along with Dan's dad and we picked up the cookies. Keep in mind that we live in NW Ohio, and last week it was 50 degrees, and today...snow! LOL. We had to take 2 trucks to fit it all in, but it all worked out great. We got them into the house, and then the fun part came. While everyone else sat and socialized, I sorted, and sorted, and sorted. I only have 8 girls in my troop so it wasn't really bad at all, and I'm not complaining. It is just tedious work that can be very time consuming. Luckily for me, I had the mother-in-law here to entertain the 5 year old and the baby. So about 5 hours later, from start to finish, the cookies are sorted and ready to be picked up. I told all of my parents that they have until Tuesday or I was tossing them on to the curb! LOL. I honestly didn't think I would be able to get them all sorted until tomorrow, so I really surprised myself today. We're off to bowling in a bit, so we get to have some "grown up time" tonight.

Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment